Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Week 8 Comments & Feedback!


In today's post, I will be discussing the topic of comments and feedback within the module. So far, I have been finding some comments (a grand total of 4 :( may I just add) to be quite helpful. People seem to be understanding the concept of my game and how it will play and also it's look and feel, so that's good news for me because I must be describing it fairly okay in my Game Design Document. 

The main bulk of the comments I have been receiving have been overall very positive and also some good constructive feedback in there too! The comments that I have been finding the most useful are the one's that go into detail about the game and give me some advice on maybe something new I could include or add and even change the way something is done so it can be more original and exciting. 

I have been really enjoying giving people the feedback on their blogs so far! It is nice to read what other people are doing and also finding out what parts of the module they may be struggling with or having trouble getting something working within their game. I feel like when I give feedback and even the other members of the class, that person is getting some valuable criticism that can only make their game better and improve their overall knowledge of the module itself. I look at what other people are saying sometimes and if I feel I might agree with their comment and so I will also ask something similar but maybe word it differently, this could really be helpful for someone who has a great concept but is having trouble executing it and that way, it gets the message across. 

It has been fun to read and learn all about my other class mates. Since I am repeating and not currently a second year student it's nice to get to know other fellow CDM'ers in different years, as we are all essentially going to get the same degree at the end of it all. I feel like my introduction is short and sweet but fairly to the point and describes me well. I hope people have been enjoying reading it and getting to know me a bit better also!

I think when it comes to making the feedback comments more useful for both others and myself is to just comment on as many blogs as possible and hopefully by the end everyone should have a comment from each other that is both helpful and constructive in the criticism. I like how my blog is looking at the moment, and I do think it's both user friendly and easy to follow. There is nothing worse than a blog that is too hard to read or find what you're looking for.

Overall, I have really enjoyed the feedback and commenting tasks for this module and they are a good way of learning more about both yourself and the module itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment