Sunday, November 11, 2018

The final GDD


In my last post about my GDD, I tried my best to describe what exactly the game is about and how to play. The concept is a simple one - and is essentially based around collection of items in order to complete the game. Link to Dundoc GDD is available here: https://www.dundoc.com/project/4784/uwxa8xk520



Above I have included a rough sketch of the player gameplay and what it should potentially look like. You can see the path of the player from start, as they locate the village and then move to the river where the game finishes up. 

I wanted to look a bit further into the actual development of my game, and figure out what mechanics needed to be done in order for certain elements to work properly. I have linked some of the tutorials I intend to use in order to create such mechanics within my game and included them in my updated GDD. Things like using box colliders and getting unity to load a new scene will help in the process of the game mechanics. As the game loads up the starting scene, the player will be washed up on shore (I intend to included little or not much ocean in the background however) they will then have to find the map in the vicinity - which will help them locate the items needed to move on and find the village to ask for help to be rescued. 

I will be including perimeters within the game, in the form of box colliders, as these will help the world not to expand beyond what is physically possible to create or play. As I have already explained in my previous post what exactly the world will look like and what type of feeling I want to set in my scene, I won't go into much detail about that in this post. 







No comments:

Post a Comment